Reach Christian School exists to help students reach for Godliness,
respect, and a love of learning.
The vision for a new elementary school took root in the spring of 2018 with a small group of people who shared a common interest in and believed there was a need for a school that would provide elementary education within a conservative Anabaptist framework.
statement of faith
1. Bible - We believe the Holy Bible is the Word of God. It is authentic in its matter, authoritative in its counsel, inerrant in its original writings and the only infallible rule for faith and practice.
2. God - We believe in the one triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who is eternal, infinite, holy, omniscient, unchanging, omnipotent, and omnipresent. He is both love and a consuming fire.
3. Creation - We believe that the Genesis account of creation is an historic fact and literally true and all creation is sustained by God.
4. Fall - We believe man was created in the likeness and image of God as a crowning work of the Creator in a state of purity, but by disobedience is now fallen into a lost estate of sin and death from which only God can save.
5. Savior - We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God; that he was born of a virgin and lived among men; yet without sin; that He became the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world by His death on the cross, that all who believe in the atoning work of His shed blood and the power of His resurrection shall have everlasting life and that He is now ascended to glory and intercedes for the believer.
6. Holy Spirit - We believe in the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit; that He is the comforter for believers to guide them into all truth and to empower them for a life of righteousness and service.
7. Church - We believe the church is the body of Christ composed of all those who through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are baptized with the Holy Ghost. The church is to preach the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ to all humankind and to teach all the commandments of the Lord.
8. Ordinances - We believe the New Testament ordinances are for the Christian: that baptism be administered upon confession of faith; that communion be observed literally as a memorial of Christ's suffering and death; that feet washing be observed literally as an expression of Christian servant hood; that the Holy Kiss be practiced as an expression of Christian love; that the Christian woman be veiled; that anointing of oil be administered to the sick for healing, to those who call for it in faith; and that marriage be the union of one man and one woman for life, with Christians marrying “only in the Lord.”
9. Authority - We believe order is the primary rule for blessedness. The Lord has given the church the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. He has given the state the right to suppress evil. He has given parents authority in the home, with fathers as the head. Christian people are obliged to honor and respect all due authority and to show love toward all men. We believe it is the Christian’s duty to pray for and honor those in authority and that Christ's disciples are to refrain from violence and force in human relations.
10. Satan - We believe that Satan is the personal enemy of God: that he is the deceiver of mankind, and that he is at work promoting evil and seeking to draw away from God.
11. Hope - We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ arose from the grave bodily and that He will return in person to receive us to Himself as well as all those who have fallen asleep in Christ.
12. Marriage- We believe God designed marriage to be a permanent, sacred bond, between one man and one woman, terminated only by death. Remarriage after divorce constitutes adultery and comes under the wrath of God. All sexual relationships and activity outside the confines of marriage are considered perversions of God’s design and thus sinful.
13. Consummation - We believe the Lord will judge the devil and banish him to hell along with all the unrighteous, but the Lord will gather the righteous into His eternal presence to dwell with Him in fullness of joy forever more
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Reach Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the board of directors is RCS’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Statement of Purpose
The founders of Reach Christian School believe that parents are primarily responsible, with the assistance of the church, in the teaching to their children in the Christian faith, its virtues, and the morals of life. It is the job of RCS to stand beside the parents and church in this responsibility while fulfilling its primary goal to prepare students for life through its academic endeavors. It is our goal to provide instruction from an Anabaptist-Mennonite perspective. The school shall:
A. Offer a Christian education centered around God’s Word and its applications to life.
B. Cultivate appreciation, loyalty, and respect for the Christian home, church, and other authority figures.
C. Equip teachers to model Christ-like character while demonstrating and cultivating a love of learning.
D. Promote the need for Godly character and service to God.
E. Nurture respect, love, acceptance, and compassion of all people of all races and backgrounds.